During this week´s Sunday evening Intuitively Speaking radio show I talked about trust — trusting yourself and building trust with others — and described a process that we go through to build trust. Here is a summary of that process:
- You must take the first step to achieve or rebuild trust.
- Do it for yourself, to deepen your own integrity and personal mind-body-spirit alignment.
- Expect nothing in return.
- You do not need to justify your “Trust” stance – acting from trust is not an opinion; it is your self-truth and no one else’s.
- Remember that you cannot “Mind Read” – you do not know what others are thinking or what their motives might be.
- Be open, receptive, and aware to any changes that occur, and be okay with them.
- Be prepared to continue to relate to the situation so more Trust, truth telling, and truth sharing occurs.
And here are the 4 Questions to help build more self-trust:
- Where in your life could you have more trust in yourself?
- How are you not trusting yourself or the others involved?
How are you trusting yourself and still being misled, misleading yourself, or being disappointed?
- What insights do you have about how you can trust yourself to improve the situation?
- What trustworthy actions can you take the next time a similar situation occurs that will increase your confidence to trust yourself?
What is your experience with trust?