Tonight on my radio show, Intuitively Speaking, I talked about relationships and listed seven types of intimacy:
- Social – A connection with a person or people that is refreshing.
- Intellectual – A connection that involves sharing of ideas and stretches you mentally.
- Emotional – A connection where there are shared feelings, shared passion, and enthusiasm.
- Spiritual – A connection of shared values, beliefs, philosophies, and sense of awe.
- Personhood – A connection of mutual trust, admiration of integrity, and mutual appreciation.
- Sexual Attraction – A connection where there is affection, mutual touching, and naked vulnerability.
- Productive – A connection of partnership, team work, and collaborating on a project or work.
This information from my notes was shared during a Co-Dependency Course led by Sondra Smalley, CCDP. You can download your own copy of the 7 Types of Intimacy and also a Ritual to Find a Mate here.
Now, take time to understand what brings you satisfaction. Relationships are core to life’s most fulfilling times! Relationships that are special are also intimate ones. After all, we are all connected; cooperation is what life is all about.
Journaling and reflecting on the following 4 Questions is important.
- Of the Seven Kinds of Intimacy, which do you want more of in your life?
- How would having this or these kinds of intimacy bring you greater satisfaction and fulfillment?
- Why is this type of intimacy important to you at this time in your life, and what does it say about your life currently?
- What steps will you take to seek relationship that will provide this kind of intimacy?
Your insights from answering the question would be helpful to others and I encourage you to post them in a comment.